Makes 10 to 12 servings
Prep: 15 minutes, grill or smoke: 25 minutes
1 13-16 ounce Brie cheese wheel
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup bourbon
1 cup chopped walnuts
Crackers, toast, or apple slices for serving. Tip: Ask your local baker to run bagels through the bread slicer for perfect little dippers.
- 1. Prepare a medium-hot smoker or grill with coals pushed to one side. Tip: Want to add smoke flavor using your grill? Make a tinfoil pouch filled with a few small piece of smoking wood. Poke a few holes in the pouch and place pouch directly on the hot coals.
- 2. Cut the white rind off the top of the Brie wheel and place it in a pie tin.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and bourbon. Pour the mixture over the Brie. Top the glazed Brie with a single layer of chopped walnuts and sprinkle a few extra nuts around the sides.
- 4. Place the pie tin on the smoker or the grill over indirect heat and cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until the Brie has softened and the sauce is bubbly.
- 5. Serve immediately with crackers, toast or apple slices for dipping.
Recipe by Megan Day