- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 100 percent pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, pumpkin, flour, water and coconut oil. There is no need to melt the coconut oil, solid is fine.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Knead the dough until it forms a big ball.
- Flatten the dough ball either with your fingers or with a rolling pin. Spread the dough out to approximately 1/4-inch in thickness.
- Press your cookie cutter into the dough and cut out the biscuit.
- Place it on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
If your dog has a wheat sensitivity, you can switch out the flour to an oat, rice or coconut flour. The consistency may just be a little different.
Recipe from ProudDogMom.com.